Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Migraines





"A customer came to buy her
third bottle of Stress Relief Complex for her daughter. It is the only product her daughter
takes. The mother reported that her daughter has suffered terribly with
Migraine headaches and Psoriasis. Both have disappeared since she started
taking the Stress Relief Complex."

Many of the health problems we have are linked to stress. To balance, we must plan breaks amid our work, or just take off and relax to see nature's beauty. This summer my sister Alison, from Utah, and a friend-Alex, from Fort Worth, Texas have come to Oregon for various reasons. It's been a great excuse to show them the beauty here, and relax away from the 'to do' list, which is very long.

Shaklee's Stress Relief is taken once a day, and is made from Ashwagandah, an herb used in India for many years. This herb relaxes a person without drowsiness, creating alpha waves. It can help the adrenals, which get worn out with chronic stress. I take Stress Relief when I know I'll be facing a very hard situation, or when my neck starts to crack, it's so tight. I also take Cor-Energy, which not only normalizes the stress response, but it normalizes my energy with the panax ginseng.

I want to include more stories on migraines in this post, below. Notice the different products, that point to different causes and triggers. I have several good articles on the types of migraines, and how to eliminate them without drugs. Request them at leangreencafe@yahoo.com

My best, Pamela
***************

Optiflora & Migraine Testimony

I have had migraines since the age of 12 that were associated with my
menstrual cycle. They were predictable and terrible. During pregnancy and
lactation I did not have a headache (I was either pregnant or nursing for
eleven wonderful, headache-free years).

I thought that menopause would cure the problem, but like 20% of migraine
sufferers when menopause hit I had a headache for a year and a half. I
really couldn't stand living! I tried everything and a completely restricted
diet which eliminated all processed or aged foods helped to give me several
days a week headache free. Imitrex was life-changing for me as it would
knock a headache down, but at the cost of $139 per nine pills it was
cramping to my finances.

I added Optiflora to my Shaklee nutrition program simply because I have
always used health food store acidophilus and am totally convinced that it is
a symbiont to the human body and must be present for digestion. After
taking Optiflora for just two days I attended a party and ate cheese and had
a beer...a SURE headache within four hours, but I had my Imitrex in hand. I
was ready!

WELLLLLL...to make a short story long... I can eat cheese, I can eat
anything except foods with MSG...I can't believe that this product made an
immediate change in my ability to digest foods, especially dairy foods,
without a migraine.

Judy Decker
Fairview, Pa
*********
Dear Diane,

This is just a short note to let you know how thrilled I have been with
all my Shaklee Products. They all do exactly what they claim---AND MORE!
I started on the shaklee Protein powder to increase my soy intake. I had
read that soy helps alleviate migraine headaches. The protein powder has
dramatically decreased my headaches! I wish every migraine sufferer knew
about this terrific product. As a result, I now use much less Imitrex and
can count on many more days of wellness. (Now I'm counting on "rolling
back
the clock with the new Enfuselle Line...)
Thanks again Diane....and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sincerely yours,
Linda Pellegrino/WKBW-TV

**************************************************************************
3. NO MORE HEADACHES

Passing on a testimonial through Val Setterholm

It was in the Meijers produce department that Kenny popped the question,
What do you recommend for headaches? He asked, as he glanced at his
wife, Phyllis. I remembered the results in the past when people would
take 4 B Complex, 4 Calcium Magnesium, and 4 Lecithin for their
headaches and the headache would be gone within 10-20 minutes. So of
course, that was my suggestion along with -- Ïif it isn't gone in that
length of time, repeat the amounts.

It wasn't until quite a while later that I learned the end result of
this encounter. Phyllis McNew woke up on September 22, 1998 with a
horrible migraine headache from which she vomited repeatedly. Prior to
this migraine experience, Phyllis used to wake up many days with a
headache that would eventually wear off after a couple of hours.

She went to the doctor that day, thinking he might want to do some tests
to see what brought this on. He simply called in a couple of
prescriptions and said to call back later if she wasn't better. The
medicine killed the pain but when the medicine wore off, the headache
was still there. After several weeks, Phyllis called her doctor back
hoping that this time he would run some tests.

His next suggestion was ÏI can give you a prescription that will work, but
you will need to take it the rest of your life.

Not liking that idea, Phyllis sought another opinion, thinking it might
be sinus. The second doctor did x-rays but her sinuses were clear. His
recommendation was prescription strength Motrin -- 600mg 3X daily. Just
like the previous medicine, the headache was still there when it wore
off.

On Nov. 13th we were having a dinner at our Shaklee Express --- Jim
and I were in the kitchen dishing up lasagna and rolls, people in the
dining room were sharing Shaklee result stories and I couldn't believe
my ears when it was Phyllis' turn!

After our encounter at Meijers, Phyllis apparently took to heart what I
suggested and after having had a headache for 5-6 weeks she decided to
start taking 4 each of B Complex, Cal/Mag, and Lecithin. She related
that she took this amount every 15, 30, or 60 minutes for 1 1/2 days at
which point the headache completely disappeared. Phyllis also said that
another very important part of the answer was a lot of prayer.

Now Phyllis may take one or two rounds of the supplements daily, and if
she feels a headache coming on, she immediately takes Ïthe formulaÓ and
the headache vanishes. And the really great news is she no longer wakes
up with headaches like she did in the past
********
HELEN'S STORY

Dear Mike,

I have a neighbor who has suffered with migraines for years. They were
reoccuring everyweek and she would spend a couple day a week in bed. She
was also having problems with depression. I had spoken with her about
Shaklee over the years, but she was not interested. Finally last May she
said
that she was ready. I gave her: Soy Protein, Vita Lea, B-Complex, Vita
C, Calcium Mg., GLA, EPA, Lecithin, Optiflora, and Moodlift for her
depression.

We went out of town and I did not see her for almost a month. When we
came home she came over and said that she had not had a migraine since she
started with Shaklee. She is off all her medication, including her
depression
medication. She said that it is the first time in several years that she
has felt like doing anything.

She has had a few little headaches, but no migraines. She is so excited
that she is sharing it with friends who have migraines and other health
problems. She has cut back on some of the supplements. She has also become
more aware of her diet. She ate many sweets and other snacks that were not
too healthy. I hope this has been of some help for you

Helen C
***********

No comments: