Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Acidosis, Arthritis, Calcium and Disease



Our bones and teeth are our calcium bank. When our bodies become too acidic because of our diets, little or no exercise, stress and medications, the calcium and minerals in our bones and teeth are robbed to supply the body with what it needs to balance PH and nourish the tissues. http://www.ionizers.org/acidosis.html This site discusses the need for PH balance, and that calcium loss does not show up in Xrays until it is 30-40% depleted from our bones. Doctors have said it is not important what disease we have, but the acidic environment that allows it. When we have Candida overgrowth or cancer, we most likely have a virus, fungus, bad bacteria or parasites also, as they thrive in an acidic environment. See www.onelifeusa.com for Dr. Hulda Clark's Parasite Cleanse. See www.curezone.com for pictures and accounts of parasites.

A physical manifestation of acidosis is the calcium robbed from our bones, that lays down in our joints as arthritis.Gout is a very painful form of arthritis. You can heal arthritis most times without medications. Medications acidify us further, and also block nutrient formation and absorption.
Next Blog I will share from the booklet: Medication-Induced Nutrient Deficiency.

Alkaline water is the newest product being pushed it seems. Certainly removing the chlorine from our drinking water will reduce the acid we take in. A doctor lecturing on water purity said one Shaklee Alfalfa tablet (for 4 cents) would alkalinize a whole gallon of water. Alfalfa's deep roots seek out minerals in the subsoil, which are inaccessible to other plants. The average alfalfa plant has a tap root 10 to 20 feet long or more. It's important to get leaves only, and organically grown material, with no over-spray of neighboring field insecticides or herbicides. See what vitamins and minerals are in Alfalfa below. It is called the King of the Plant World.
VITAMINS found in Alfalfa:

Vitamin A - for night vision. Builds resistance to infections, especially in the respiratory tract; promotes growth ands vitality; promotes healthy skin and is essential in pregnancy.

Vitamin E - protects cells against damage from sun's radiation and air pollution; promotes heart, cardiovascular and muscle health and improved immune function; promotes muscle tone in the body; helps bring nutrients to cells and helps strengthen blood vessel walls, including capillary walls; helps proper focusing of the eyes.

Vitamin U - promotes health of body to help overcome peptic ulcers.

Vitamin B6 - helps food assimilation and protein and fat metabolism; promotes nerve and skin health; helps battle nausea symptoms.

Vitamin K - essential for blood clotting; important in liver functions; may possibly contribute to vitality and longevity.

Vitamin D - regulates the use of calcium and phosphorus in the body and is therefore necessary for the proper formation of strong and healthy teeth and bones.

MINERALS found in Alfalfa:

Calcium - builds and maintains bones and teeth; helps clot blood, aids in vitality and endurance; regulates heart rhythm, soothes nerves.

Iron - required in manufacturing hemoglobin; helps carry oxygen in the blood.

Potassium - necessary for normal muscle tone, nerves, heart action and enzyme reactions; digests fats.

Phosphorus - needed for normal bone and tooth structure. Interrelated with action of calcium and Vitamin D. Improves nourishment of nerve tissue.

Chlorine (chloride) - an essential electrolyte which cleans and purifies the body; regulates fat, sugar and starch metabolism.

Sodium - regulates fluid balance throughout body; neutralizes acids, prevents clotting of blood; activates spleen, bowels and stomach functions.

Silicon Magnesium helps body to deal with constipation; steadies the nerves; has protective effect on skin and body; stimulates brain function.

Other properties of alfalfa:

High in protein - alfalfa has 18.9% as compared to beef at 16.5%, milk at 3.3% and eggs at 13.1%. (Muscles are composed of protein and the lack of it results in fatigue and weakness.)

Resource materials:

Nature's Medicines, by Richard Lucas
Nature's Healing Grasses by H.E. Kirschner, M.D.
Vitamin/Mineral Chart by the Redwood City Health Food Center
Diet and Health, by Dr. B.L. Corley

Oxygenation of the cell with exercise and a diet rich in whole grains, vegetables, fruit, Pacific wild-caught salmon and hormone/antibiotic-free chicken along with low stress help maintain a healthy Ph. The new rage is the Green Smoothie. I'll post on that soon, with some recipes. Wheat grass is a great detoxifier, full of chlorophyll and can be juiced in the Omega 8003 Juicer. Mercola sells them for around $235. I saw free shipping on a recent ad there. Here's the web page: http://www.mercola.com/article/juicer_comp.htm
I bought a small Omega juicer a few years ago with a 10 yr. warranty, but the next one will be the Omega 8003. I want to start growing my own wheat grass. Ahh. Gardening! A container in the windowsill will do, but I have a little greenhouse to fix up. You can see the face of it on my
www.ladyofthelake-vernonialake.blogspot.com blog

Four years ago, when I waited for my cancer surgery, I juiced and eliminated sugars and most carbs. On Thanksgiving, I made the traditional pecan pie, and thought I could just have one piece. My immune system let me know it was not okay. I got an eye infection the next day. I had to reschedule my surgery. In the winter, I loved hot chocolate, especially by the wood stove. One evening, again waiting for that dreaded surgery, I rationalized that since I had such a good dinner, surely one of those homemade cinnamon rolls and a cup of creamy cocoa would be okay with a base of good food in my stomach. The next day I woke up with a urinary tract infection. It was too easy to tip my PH and my immune system was already maxed. This was a good example of what foods hurt my immune system, (for me, a mixture of dairy and sugar is like poison) and what kind of self care I needed to stay alive. Raising 7 alone, my self care had often taken a back seat. Even now, I tend to be drawn to work or to write or socialize without being serious enough about my own health. I am working on scheduling my time and prioritizing.

Last night I made up a schedule that I will keep in this new year. A key is getting to bed on time. I have overdrawn my sleep bank already tonight. It is said, every death is a suicide. The choices we make every day determine our longevity, and our quality of life. Feel free to share what challenges you face in gaining or maintaining optimal health, and what is working for you. For me, I have been more successful with diet and getting the right food supplements. It helped to have a blood panel to see what nutrients I was low in. I send a Health Survey free of charge to help people determine which vitamins and nutrients they may need, to stay alkaline/acid balanced and healthy. I will help recommend a program for you.

Write me at leangreencafe@yahoo.com and request a Survey. Click on my little granddaughter's picture below in Health and Beauty to see the products I love, including Alfalfa and Water Purifiers that are designed to remove chlorine and parasite cysts.

No comments: