Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Salsa and Guacamole Recipes



This late night blogging is making me very hungry! Here is a web link to roasted salsa. The roasted touch to the onion, garlic, tomato and jalapeno sounds wonderful.
http://allrecipes.com/HowTo?Making-Salsa-Video/Detail.aspx

Here is a great recipe I got years ago, for Guacamole:
Mash 2 ripe avocados. Add 1/4 c. finely chopped onin, 1 T. diced tomato, 2T snipped cilantro, 2t. jalapeno with or without seeds per taste, 1/2 t. salt and 1 T. lime juice. Serve with tortilla chips or as a garnish on Enchiladas, Rellenos, Chimichangas, Burritos, Tacos, Tostadas, etc.

My schedule seems topsy turvy still, and I have to admit there are two days now without walking. The water purifier is hooked up, plants watered and cleaned up, dishes done, recycling, compost and garbages waiting for morning, and I made a great apple crisp to share with two friends today. The last of Mattie's Bean Soup is gone, as is the cornbread with chile pepper flakes. My youngest daughter is prodding me to make muffins with cranberries, though she lives in Austin and can't eat them with me. There are so many recipes to share.

I'm so new at this blogging, that I'm still unsure how to get pictures with the posts. My snowy Scappoose house picture looked huge, and disappeared last night when I posted. I'm sure I will get the hang of it.

What's your favorite late night food? I wish I had some shredded wheat (pretty processed) or hummus with veggies and pita bread. I feel like sneaking in the apple crisp.

No comments: